1.How long have you been with our company?
I have most recently been with Canadian Energy since 2013, but I have a few years under my belt working at the Calgary branch and distribution centre between 2006-2010.
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy?
My business card says Supply Chain Manager, but I am in charge of purchasing for the company, I’m not really one for titles. So I run a lot of forecasts and make sure we have the correct amount of inventory in stock at both our Calgary and Newmarket distribution centres.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day?
Well its not the coffee, let me tell you that. The best thing are my fellow colleagues! We all don’t take ourselves to seriously, a lot of jokes, or yokes….., are tossed about, but when it’s time to get the job done everyone buckles down and gets to it.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company?
Eat and breathe our culture, if you are humble, honest and hungry for success, you will achieve many things here.
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long?
Dave Cartwright, that is why. It’s all on you Dave.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Do whatever it takes to get the job done. At the end of the day if you look in the mirror and you can say that you did everything you could, as best as you could, you will live a happy life.
7. What is your favourite movie?
My all time favourite would have to be “Dazed and Confused”, early Ben Affleck and Matthew McConaughey, all I can say is alright, alright, alright!
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
Changes monthly, right now there is a country artist named Maren Morris who is absolutely killing it. Also Chris Stapleton, the man is a god (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6bZZ9ONeXQ) Check him out, I will convert you!
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you?
A thin Seth Rogen would probably be me. Actually I believe that’s Jonah Hill now, he slimmed down didn’t he?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Robin Williams, he brought so much laughter and joy to people, it would have been an honour to meet him.
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Some quality Alberta beef, with a side of mashed potatoes and my Auntie Mona’s cucumber salad, and an ice cold Stanley Park Amber Ale to wash it down.
12. If it could help with your job, what super power would you like to have?
The ability to read peoples minds, that would help out with forecasting, and ordering, and not missing anything. Is slowing time down a thing? I would like that as well. Can I have all the super powers? Why am I limited to one, I’m taking this up with HR.
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month?
I nominate the man, the myth, and the legend, coming straight out of Kamloops, there can only be one, Larry Squires!