1. How long have you been with our company?
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy?
Branch Manager. I am responsible for the Ontario market and the branch P&L, with it’s operations and sales teams. Basically, everything that goes on in Ontario.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day?
With all the various responsibilities that I have, each day brings new challenges and opportunities. Every day is different and that makes my role extremely fresh and rewarding.
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company?
Give it everything you’ve got and seize the opportunity with both hands. Also (I know that this is advice No. 2) BUT, learn your group sizes!
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long?
The people are fantastic and the opportunity that Canadian Energy gives you to reach new heights, grow and develop. Very few other companies give their people the kind of opportunities that CE does.
6. What is your motto or personal mantra?
Who Dares Wins
7. What is your favourite movie?
This is a hard one, because I have many. BUT if I had to choose one, then it would be Raiders of the Lost Ark.
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
Again, this is tough as it depends on the mood. But I’ll go for The Police.
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you?
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
Ayrton Senna. He is my childhood hero and the greatest racing driver ever. Genius.
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Well if I ate this, I don’t know how long I would live, but it would be a big fried breakfast, with eggs, sausages, bacon, beans, black pudding, caramelized mushrooms with potato bread and a dollop of HP brown sauce. Plus a mug of strong milky tea with 2 sugars.
12. If it could help with your job, what super power would you like to have?
The ability to change the weather. I like extremes!
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month?
I am going to throw the baton back over to Alberta and I nominate Mr. Edmonton aka Brian Goller
Thank you Mark. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to the company every day!