1.How long have you been with our company?
"I started this exciting journey on March 1st – 2013 – That means 3 years and 1 month"
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy?
“My title is Operations Manager for the Ontario Branch / Eastern Canada Distribution Center. Although my role entails many duties, my key responsibilities are to ensure day-to-day operations run as effectively and efficiently as possible. From full cycle accounting at the branch level to establishing logistical requirements while minimizing cost and lead-time. As Operations Manager I work with multiple departments from purchasing to sales to accounting, all with one goal in mind – Fulfilling customer satisfaction!"
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day?
“My team! Sounds Cliché, but I honestly have to say the people. When you get to work with such a great team of people all day it doesn’t get much better than that – Having pretty amazing customers here in Ontario sure does make coming to work everyday a pleasure also."
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company?
“Give it all ya got! Reach out, ask questions…speak to as many team members as possible. All have something valuable to share, which in turn will help to make you a more productive and well rounded team member!"
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long?
“The culture! I believe in C.E and all that it stands for. I believe in the Senior Leadership and their vision. C.E is a company that encourages their employees to be themselves,empowering them to take ownership of their role and make it their own. It’s a company that plays hard but works hard – When you can sail through your work day surrounded by laughter and humour but still take your job just as serious….why would you possibly want to leave?!"
6. What is your motto or personal mantra?
"Plain and simple: ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!”
7. What is your favourite movie?
"Wow! I have a lot but very few movies left me leaving the theatre the way I did when I saw “A beautiful mind” Followed by a very close “ Meet the Parents” lot’s of laughter in that one."
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
"Can’t say I have a favourite really. There is just too much talent out there to pick just one. But without giving away my age I have to say I’m an 80’s girl!"
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you?
"I would love to say Angelina Jolie lol…but realistically probably more like Maya Rudolph"
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
"I would have to say an ancestor – Perhaps a Great – Great – Great Grandparent, Aunt or Uncle. I bet they would have some pretty cool stories to tell."
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
"Definitely Steak and Lobster along with a really good red wine!"
12. If it could help with your job, what super power would you like to have?
"Not really a super power but I would love to have a magic wand, so I could wave it around to put out fires when they arise."
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month?
Thank you Karen. We appreciate your hard work and dedication at Canadian Energy!