1.How long have you been with our company?
“4 fulfilling years.”
2. What is your title and role at Canadian Energy?
“I am the Director of Marketing and Communications. My role is to create an overall go-to-market strategy that connects our people, products & services to the heads & hearts of our customer’s through integrated marketing strategies. Or, as my wife describes it: “He plays with crayons”.
3. What’s the best thing about coming to work every day?
“Working with my fellow management team members. They are relentlessly committed to providing the most value to our customers. And best of all for me, they do it with zero pretention and a sense of humour."
4. What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone who is just getting started with our Company?
“As Steve Jobs said, ‘You‘ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the solution - not the other way around'."
5. What’s the reason you’ve stayed with CE so long?
“It’s the entrepreneurial spirit. We run much like a giant start-up. There’s not a lot of layers of management which allows our people to make decisions on the ground. And, we are in a business space that helps our country and planet economically and environmentally."
6. What is your motto or personal mantra?
"Another stolen quote. Credit to Stephen Covey’s book, 7 Habit of Effective People for this one: ‘Begin with the end in mind’. The goal will remain clear if you have your eye on the ideal outcome and the feeling of accomplishment that accompanies it.”
7. What is your favourite movie?
"Hard to pick just one. If I had to I would go with Good Will Hunting. The script is very smart. Swingers is a close second!"
8. Who is your favourite band or singer?
"Band of Horses (Cease to Begin). Or, a close second would be Pavement (Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain)."
9. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see star as you?
"Chis Pratt with a lot of make-up to dumb down his looks."
10. If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
"I’d like to meet my Dad when he was my age."
11. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
12. If it could help with your job, what super power would you like to have?
"Time travel. There’s really no other choice. You could undo wrongs, learn from the past, and see the future. Plus, I could drive the DeLorean and attend the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance with Marty and Doc."
13. Who do you nominate for our interview next month?
"I nominate my boss and our CEO: Craig Ballard."
Thank you Dave! We appreciate your hard work and dedication to Canadian Energy.